Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday!! Time to Recharge, Relax but first I gotta Clean!!



Today is cleaning day. I was going to post a picture of a pair of rubber gloves, but decided on this instead!

Yesterday I spent all day at gorgeous Liscomb Lodge. Rachel Porter (a good friend) and I left New Glasgow at 6:30 a.m. and after a relaxing but a little bumpy ride, arrived at the Lodge at 8 a.m. First, I could not believe I did not know more about this place. I am sure if it had a golf course attached, it would be sold out every weekened. Open space, beautiful wood buildings,lots of levels, pontoon boat rides and I was told the rooms are spacious and more than adequate for a Lodge type setting. It is now open from 7 a.m. until 8 or 9 p.m. Full course breakfast for $11.95 (I believe) and lunch and dinner. Believe me, take a drive on a Sunday, (John and Priscilla - you listening) you won't be disappointed. Natural shade and cover from the trees. I believe they also have kids activities as well, there was some sort of scavenger hunt going on while I was there.

I have been to a lot of Stampin' Up! conventions, leadership events,special invite only events and cruises, . Dawn Howard created an atompshere for 46 women (Hi to those that travelled from PEI)that would rival any event I have attended. Lots of room for the scrapbookers, muffins, tea, coffee, water available all day and in the afternoon, fresh baked cookies,.... cookies, people! Natural light in one huge spacious room. The other room did not have windows but also provided pretty much a full scrapbook store to shop in without walking very far. They all received gift bags, and from what I saw on Saturday I think they were treated like the scrapbooking princesses they all were. Games, bowls of candy, and when I left, Dawn and her workers were preparing the fruit for a chocolate fountain. Seriously, next year,check this event out! I know you will get your money's worth and more.

Fargocat Shops set up shop in an outer corridor and we were very busy! Thank you ladies for being so generous and kind. My Quick Quote packages were a big hit and sold out in the morning. Getting more in and you will see more about this line of scrapbook kits in the coming weeks. Lisa MacLeod won the grand door prize and Dawn was tracking down the other two winners for me when we left.

There were classes going on all weekend, some with a fee, but mine was free to introduce myself to these ladies. Yvonne helped me with a sketch above,but when it came down to supplies, I had to take some suggestions and rearrange a few things.
Yvonne's sketch shows how you can match your scrapbook paper to cardstock using your distress inks. Mine showed them how to use SMOOCH which was a big hit! And how to ink through stencils and create your own embellishments using a bird stencil, plus they could chalk all or none of their images and move things around. The classes were held upstairs in a great room with wonderful natural light. Like a big cozy family room complete with fireplace. I liked the two levels, less hectic in the classroom area.

A great drive home except for a duck wandering around in the middle of the highway, no I stopped my car and drove around him....no duck incident. Thanks Dawn for inviting me and thanks to everyone at the event for being so sweet to Rachel and myself. Will be contacting you in the future so you can follow my blog!

Okay, back to those rubber gloves, unfortunately.

Fargocat Shops is expecting a shipment in this week and will be open next Sunday!
Deborah

1 comment:

Madeleine Barnett said...

glad to hear you had a great day on Saturday You work hard and deserve a break. take it easy on the cleaning - you will be "retired" soon and will have time then - just kidding

any news on the cha status