Monday, August 2, 2010

CHA - How can I describe it!


After a great direct flight to Chicago, I checked in at CHA at the Donald Stephens Covention Centre and got my registration goodies! The hotel was within walking distance and they also had a shuttle which came in very handy when your rolling bag weighed about 50 pounds. My friend Madeleine was staying with me so the Company made it all that more fun! Monday morning we had our first class, Flower Soft! We made 3 projects which turned out fabulous and left with very generous product samples to take home. The more I work with Flower Soft, the easier the learning curve is and the better my projects look. In the afternoon, I took a Hero Arts class which was fun, chance to see the new Xmas sets and they also give you lots of free product to take home. (But I must admit, the free make n take cards I did the next day in the Hero Arts booth, I liked more than the class cards)

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were just a blur of seeing all of the newest products for Fall, Halloween and Christmas. I started walking at about 8:30 a.m.and was on my feet until 6 p.m. So much to see and do, you just can't take it all in. The most popular classes filled up within minutes,some of them I just did not get to participate in but the ones I did participate I loved.

Oh, and did I mention,that when you order at the show, your order ships first! So, I will be one of the shops with the newest products first!

Okay, who did I order from?

Hero Arts - their newest stamps for the Holidays, some Fall and lots of great trim embellishments for cards

Penny Black- Wait until you see the Christmas, Hedge Hog and seasonal stamps I ordered here. The card we created was adorable. You will love these card classes, I promise.

Heartfelt Creations is brand new and the card above I featured is from them.
This company has partnered with Spellbindes to create their own dies that match their stamps. I promise you will love these cards, we will be creating layered creations of flowers and more. These are stunning cards.

Anna Griffin - Scrapbooking Enthusiasts - I ordered in one complete line of Christmas papers, embellishments and some card kits. Anna Griffin is known for her detailed, exquisite papers. Gorgeous does not even cover it for a description.

Basic Gray - Could not resist, Basic Gray Lovers - I have you covered! Papers, embellishments from 2 new lines. You will love these!

Apple Pie Memories - Grid blocks for your clear stamps. At fantastic prices. Now you can see through and line up perfectly with these blocks! We will be using these in classes.

May Arts - Words cannot describe. Ribbon, oh the Ribbon - I did narrow it down to about 25 (maybe 30) different ribbons, sheers, organza's, wides, narrows. I promise you will just melt when you see these amazing ribbons and you can purchase by the yard! When I say I had a hard time deciding, the booth was huge and just filled with these spools of ribbons. Really, they made it extremely hardto choose!

Spellbinders- Ordered the newest spellbinders and some surprises! Great prices plus no tax,remember!

Impression Obsession - This is a company that has 3 distinct lines. Tim Holtz products where I ordered his latest Xmas stamps, plus Inky Antics where I ordered some cute Xmas stamps plus lots of neat boxes, templates for creative cards. Fun, fun, fun describes this order!

Magazines - I will now be carrying some of your favourite rubber stamp magazines and the first people to sign up to receive the upcoming monthly magazine, will receive wonderful new magazines and books. Watch for news on this!

Just Rite Stamps - Some Christmas but I also ordered in some others so we can do some all occasion cards - now have a catalog from them so can take direct orders for you!

Now I know there is at least one or two more, just can't remember at the moment.
Some of these are shipping this week, Hero Arts, ribbon, some are shipping at the end of the month, Basic Gray,etc.

And.......some are going directly to my designer, Yvonne, so she can get started on creating some wonderful cards and scrapbook pages for me!

Also, I received some wonderful prizes while I was there and came home with a suitcase full of products that I will be giving away with purchase in the months to come! It's a win-win situation!

Now on Friday, I attended the Consumer Craft Show for a couple of hours which was fun in its own way. Lots of free cards to make, give-aways, and you could purchase products from craft vendors at this event. Nice way to take a little vacation and do some serious crafting at the same time.

Well, I think that is the end of this post. Watch for more pictures to come tomorrow.

I took a little vacation this weekend as I was more than tired!
Deborah

No comments: